One of CAWIC’s mandates is to promote education and encourage women to pursue careers in the construction industry. To this end, each year we organize several fundraising events, and a portion of the proceeds are allocated to our bursary fund. In order to help us identify potential applicants for bursaries, we approach various Canadian post-secondary institutions that provide diploma or degree programs in construction-related disciplines to distribute information to students on our bursary program. Each year our Bursary Committee selects the successful recipients of several $1,500.00 bursaries from a list of applicants. These recipients are chosen based on meeting the required criteria.
Students enrolled in construction-related programs may apply directly to CAWIC on or before May 30 for the term commencing in September of that year.
Minimum qualifications are:
- Applicant must identify as female
- Completion of at least the first year of a diploma or degree program at a college or university and full time enrolment in the subsequent year
- Demonstrate clear career objectives relating to the construction industry
- Evidence of financial need
- Leadership qualities and involvement in community activities
- Interest in activities that further the advancement of women in construction, and
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
For questions and further information contact the Bursary Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAWIC is actively seeking donations to and industry sponsorship for our bursary program. If your organization is interested in sponsoring a bursary, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to apply by May 30!