CAWIC Bursary Application
One of CAWIC’s mandates is to promote education and encourage women to pursue careers in the construction industry. To this end, each year we organize several fundraising events, and a portion of the proceeds are allocated to our bursary fund. In order to help us identify potential applicants for bursaries, we approach various Canadian post-secondary institutions that provide diploma or degree programs in construction-related disciplines to distribute information to students on our bursary program. Each year our Bursary Committee selects the successful recipients of several $1,500.00 bursaries from a list of applicants. These recipients are chosen based on meeting the required criteria.
Students enrolled in construction-related programs may apply directly to CAWIC on or before May 30 for the term commencing in September of that year.
Minimum qualifications are:
- Applicant must identify as female
- Completion of at least the first year of a diploma or degree program at a college or university and full time enrolment in the subsequent year
- Demonstrate clear career objectives relating to the construction industry
- Evidence of financial need
- Leadership qualities and involvement in community activities
- Interest in activities that further the advancement of women in construction, and
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
For questions and further information contact the Bursary Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAWIC is actively seeking donations to and industry sponsorship for our bursary program. If your organization is interested in sponsoring a bursary, please email email@example.com.
Be sure to apply by May 30!