Founded in 2008, Vestacon Limited is a construction management and general contracting company specializing in corporate tenant improvements. With locations in Toronto and Vancouver, our foundation is built on trust, reliability and commitment to quality. Our team is composed of passionate individuals, each with a diverse background. All members share natural dedication to ensure success for every project.
Vestacon Limited is seeking a full-time Health and Safety Coordinator to work with our Health and Safety department. The Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting with all Health and Safety duties for our Team. The successful candidate will be capable of working in a fast-paced, team environment as well as working independently to ensure processing and completion of relevant tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
· Works alongside the Health & Safety Manager and participates in the continuous improvement of our programs and new approaches to ensure compliance with legislation, company health and safety policies and best practices.
· Assists in developing, implementing, maintaining, supporting, and continually improving corporate policies, programs, procedures, and related documents including manuals, plans and guidelines.
· Monitors employees and vendors for compliance to safety procedures, regulatory requirements, and health & safety documentation submission.
· Prepares documentation for submission to regulatory bodies, as directed.
· Maintains an inventory of compliance documents.
· Prepares / updates monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as directed.
· Analyzes health & safety documentation for trends, non-conformity with the safety system or opportunities for improved safety processes and report findings to the Health & Safety Manager.
· Administrative role on the Joint Health & Safety Committee. Tracks implementation of recommendations and report any deficiencies. Maintains JHSC minutes & records.
· Plans, coordinates and participates in health and safety training, as directed. Schedules safety training and maintains these records.
· Prepares safety talk materials and provides assistance to the Health & Safety Manager in delivering the information.
· Performs workplace inspections (in house and on construction sites), such as layered audits.
· Assists with drafting and distribution of employee communications and ensures all project sites have current documentation and required material, at all times.
· Responsible for accurate and timely management of employee records.
· Tracks and maintains health & safety equipment and material inventory; places orders as directed.
· Actions COVID related protocols, including regular sanitization of touchpoints throughout the office.
· Performs any other duties that may be specifically or generally assigned.
· Post-secondary education in health & safety, or related field.
· 3 to 5 years of related experience, preferably within the construction industry.
· Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation.
· JHSC certification is an asset.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, strong knowledge of people management, coaching and leadership skills.
· Approachable, positive, enthusiastic and solutions oriented.
· Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills; delivering on multiple deadlines.
· Proficient Microsoft Office skills are required.
· Valid Drivers license.
· Some periodic travel to project sites.
· Available to be on call as part of emergency response.
- High sensitivity to timelines with moderate overtime required from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Health and Safety: 3 years (preferred)
- Drivers License (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19