Priestly Demolition Inc. (PDI) is seeking a Talent Acquisition Manager to support with developing and driving strategies for overall corporate recruitment initiatives by creating an annual recruiting plan, driving recruitment operations, and managing the onboarding process for all new employees. The Manager will also represent Priestly Demolition Inc. as an “employer of choice” and project annual recruitment expenditures. The role is critical in ensuring Priestly Demolition Inc. hires the best possible candidates by developing and executing industry leading recruitment plans and networking through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
Priestly’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, collaboration and then skills. Here is what we look for:
PDI is founded on key values that drive what we do for our clients and for each other. At the core, we understand the value of people, and we encourage a culture of safety, hard work, quality, and teamwork supported by a solid family foundation.
Our core values are extremely important to us. Are they aligned with yours?
- Family – We are one family, one community, and we believe in treating each other with trust, respect, and courtesy. This is truly the foundation of our success.
- Safety – We hold Safety as the core value upon which all of our projects and business planning is based. No job is so important that it cannot be done safely.
- Integrity – We make all business decisions and conduct all business operations with the utmost integrity and professionalism. We are accountable to one another, to our clients, to our partners, and to our community.
- Innovation – We embrace life-long learning, staying ahead of the curve, and thinking outside of the box. We will always strive to have the best technology, equipment, and people in the industry.
This means being people smart and championing being a team player. We encourage teamwork and respect, help develop individual strengths, and recognize the contribution our people make to our success. We are always seeking better and more innovative ways to renew communities by clearing the way for new development, and by playing the role of environmental stewards.
- Manage recruitment budget and organizational recruitment plans
- Manage the onboarding process for all new employees
- Support initiatives to enhance the company’s diversity recruitment strategy through relationship building
- Create and monitor job postings
- Create, facilitate, and deliver training and professional development for administrators and managers on selection, recruitment, and retention processes Design, develop and maintain the recruitment plan and process.
- Understand and keep informed on best practice candidate sourcing and recruitment strategies, trends and technology
- Evaluate and implement new technology and training to ensure that the organization’s needs are continually met
- Work closely with human resource teams regarding staffing needs
- Aligns workforce-planning activities with organizational mission/objectives/goal.
- Liaison with management to identify personnel needs across all positions, including the possible creation of new positions.
- Project yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control
- Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional standards and best practices; recommending revision as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of Pay Equity, human rights, labour legislation changes and employment standards guidelines and laws in both Canada and the US
- Aid marketing in establishing a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position and train internal recruitment team and line managers on its usage.
- Create, update and revise job descriptions.
- Collects various forms of data from a wide range of sources to support problem solving and decision making
- Utilize the Internet, social and professional websites for recruitment, as well as external recruitment agencies and job centres.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Monitors and strives to reduce the costs of the recruitment process.
- Conducts recruitment for the managerial job positions (or key jobs in the organization).
- Manages and develops the team of Talent Acquisition Specialists.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Internet sourcing
- Labour and employment law, Canada and U.S.A.
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Office suite
- Candidate Assessments
- Social Media Platforms
- Job description development
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or other appropriate field.
- Minimum 7-9+ years of proven success in a hand’s-on Human Resources recruitment management role.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Proven success building and implementing workforce-planning strategies, recruitment strategies and processes.
- Complex compensation and total rewards program development experience
- Experience working with construction, demolition and trade union environments
- Experience leading human resources policies and practices supporting US an asset
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work is performed in a hybrid working model
- Ability to work with tight timelines, multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities on the fly
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers.
- Interacts with candidates, employees, management and the public at large.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel may be required.
- Attend and conduct job fairs.
PDI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
PDI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We thank you in advance for your interest; however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please continue to check for current opportunities.