JumpStart Sales Training Program
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage education or experience for a career in outside sales in the fast-growing equipment rental
• Work with an incredible team of people that take the extra step and make it happen for the
Sunbelt’s JumpStart Sales Trainee is empowered to make it happen for our customers.
Sunbelt Rentals–the fastest growing rental business in North America–is seeking an Outside Sales
Representative Trainee. As a Sales Trainee in our Jumpstart Program, you will be gain hands-on experience
during our 9-month training course encompassing all aspects of the Sunbelt Rentals sales process. Everyone
will get trained on the vast array of products and services we offer and the resources that equip our sales team
for success. Our goal is to blend classroom training, job shadowing and hands-on activities as the trainee
rotates throughout the business. Trainees will spend time in each of Sunbelt Rentals’ lines of business to truly
understand each one’s unique offerings. Successfully completing the program will position you for an exciting
and lucrative career in sales.
Successfully completing the program will position you for an exciting and lucrative career in sales. Post-training
relocation may be required in this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Gains hands-on experience through a rotation in operational support with our Equipment Rental
Specialists, shop and transportation teams, as well as multiple Sales Representatives and
• Gains job knowledge by participating in educational improvement opportunities, reading sales and
marketing publications, maintaining networks with other trainees and participating in sales
• Visits various locations within the district/region and trains under several different mentors.
• Completes weekly assignments online to progress through the program.
• Travels with Sales Representatives to gain exposure to effective selling strategies and planning
• Demonstrates knowledge in sales administration and the sales process.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS DESIRED
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates plus 1 year of related experience
• Previous experience in Sales or Customer Service preferred
• Must have valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and acceptable driving record history
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills; solid negotiation and influencing skills a
• Moderate computer skills required
• Exposure to the construction industry is preferred but not required
• Great attitude and motivation to exceed expectations
• High level of accountability, time management and willingness to learn all aspects of the business
Must be open to relocation upon successful completion of program.
• Must successfully pass all pre-screenings and pre-qualifying assessments
• Minimum 21 years of age
Safety is key to our culture.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more,
and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all
miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace:
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing
employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion
of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and
Do you have any of these titles on your resume? Related experience may include: Entry level sales, Outside
Sales Trainee, Customer Service Account Manager, B2B sales rep, Construction Management, Construction
Project Manager, Site Manager
Regional Recruiting Manager, Eastern Canada