Job Title: Plant Engineering Summer Student/Intern
Language: Fluent in English
Working Experience (years): 0+
Degree : Be in the process of completing a Bachelor’s of Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing degree (or equivalent)
Working Hours : 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Location : Brantford Lab (541 Oak Park Road, Brantford, ON)
During the four-month full-time internship, you will be working under the leadership of Plant Engineer alongside the team of engineers in the Maintenance department in Brantford, ON. The following are some of the responsibilities a candidate would have:
- Assist in the building of programs for the development and maintenance of the Brantford facility.
- Collaborate with a team of 4 Industrial Millwrights and the Plant Engineer, whilecmaintaining a strong rapport with the plant operations team to create a thoroughcunderstanding of the plant environment.
- Some knowledge of different types of industrial machinery and commonly worn components. Ex. Bearings, Shafts, Belts. Etc.
- Some previous experience with electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic diagrams
- Introductory knowledge of health and safety policies and procedure.
- A basic understanding of different mechanical parts and their materials.
- A basic understanding of modes of failure and diagnostics.
- Some knowledge of plant equipment, spare parts, location, and names
- An understanding of root cause analysis.
- A willingness and confidence to work with outside contractors
We need your skills:
- Be in the process of completing a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing degree (or equivalent diploma)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to assist with calculations, projections and applications for fabrication and layout
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
- Be able to work with a team as well as alone
- Have experience using Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and have the ability to learn new software
- Possess strong organization skills and be a self-initiator
If interested, please email your resume to: [email protected]
(Advisor, Talent acquisition and Training)