WE’RE GROWING AGAIN! Durisol Noise Barrier Systems is the market leader in the noise barrier and retaining wall industry. Our company designs and supply of materials for proprietary noise and retaining wall systems – including Durisol precast absorptive noise barrier panels, transparent noise barriers, fire-rated barriers, narrow footprint retaining walls and MSE retaining walls. We perform all duties associated with our jobs, including sales, engineering/design, manufacturing, and construction support.
We are seeking an experienced Project Coordinator and Project Manager to join our Hamilton office team. The desired candidates should be a Civil Technology/Construction Management Program graduates or those with relevant construction industry/roads/precast project experience which is highly preferred.
Project Coordinator Job Requirements
- Ensure client’s needs are met in a timely, cost effective, customer service-oriented manner
- Assist project management team in managing a construction project’s process and procedures
- Manage and coordinate project due dates
- Manage communication regarding approaching project deadlines for material pricing
- Assist with challenges in the field during system installation per Project Managers direction
- Obtain project close out documents as required
- Keep project management and operations department informed about project status updates and issues that may impact client/fabricator relations
- Coordination and modification of schedule
- Maintain construction project files
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in construction or manufacturing environment
- Civil Technology/Construction Management Program graduate or relevant construction industry/precast experience is preferred
- Organized and results oriented with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills and effective problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated time management, scheduling, and negotiations skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Able to multi-task and sustain productivity over long hours in a fast-paced environment
Project Manager Job Requirements
- Negotiate contracts on behalf the company
- Proactively identify project risks and issues and work with the team to develop and execute response and contingency plans
- Proactively identify and secure change orders from customers
- Effectively manage the projects in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts
- Actively engage the project team (drafting, engineering, procurement, plant, transportation and field), customer and other notable project stakeholders
- Regularly manage, monitor and control project progress, job costs, financial performance, A/R, invoicing and payments
- Regularly review non-conformance reports generated by the Quality Control Department, and offer support and guidance where appropriate
- Support the Sales team during the pre-bid stage on opportunities by identifying and evaluating project risks
- Support the Sales team in reviewing contracts, subcontracts and NDAs
- Travel throughout Ontario to support projects as required
DESIRED APPROACH TO MANAGING PROJECTS
- Take full responsibility for the actions of the project team and the project’s performance
- Exercise influence, control, and authority to ensure timely decision making in managing issues, risks, change and project performance
- Pursue best in class quality in our project deliverables, communications and services to both our external and internal project stakeholders
- Create an environment which is solution oriented, that adapts to the project needs and where communication and transparency is encouraged
- Be fiscally responsible for the project budget as such demonstrate a strong command and understanding of the projects financials and investigate and flag issues when they arise
- 5 – 10 years of Construction / Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
- PMP certification is preferred
- Broad technical background and strong technical aptitude (i.e. conversant with construction drawings, specifications, codes, procedures, and standards)
- A basic knowledge of contract law
- Construction and Precast experience is an asset.
- Strong Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and Adobe. (AutoCAD is a plus)
- Proficient in Critical Path Method Scheduling
- Proficiency in English
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Team player with high level of dedication.
The position requires daily interaction with Director of Canadian Operations, Engineering & Drafting Team, and the Manufacturing Plants. It also includes extensive interaction with Sales, Estimating, MTO, design consultants, and outside general & sub-contractors.
Durisol Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the applicable standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. We foster an inclusive organizational culture as an Equal Opportunity Employer.