Inter-Co Division 10 is North America’s largest subcontracting firm specializing in the distribution and installation of toilet partitions, lockers, washroom accessories and glass showers. The company completes hundreds of installation projects each year from offices across Canada and our offices in Ohio, Arizona and Texas. Our company has tripled in size over the past five years and will continue to expand with aggressive growth plans.
Looking for a new opportunity?
We are currently looking for a talented, committed, and experienced individual to join us as a Project Accountant working out of our office in Burlington, ON.
As a Project Accountant you will be responsible for:
- customer invoicing, specific to the construction industry, including progress draws (experience with Textura is an asset);
- vendor invoice entry & check preparation;
- working with the collections manager and project managers to ensure customer collections are occurring regularly;
- preparing monthly bank reconciliations;
- assisting with credit applications & approvals for customers;
- working with project managers to complete and document the monthly inventory counts;
- assisting with PST/GST filing and remittances and workers compensation filing;
- collaborating with Project Managers and the Sales & Estimating team; and,
- project profit/loss tracking
Is this the right role for you?
To succeed in this role, you will need strong attention to detail, the ability to work with customers as well as collaboratively with our team’s project managers. Experience in construction accounting is not required but would be an asset. An ideal candidate would be an individual that is a strong communicator, has a positive attitude and a willingness to join a dynamic and quickly growing company.
The following are mandatory requirements for all applicants:
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- interest in the construction industry
- post-secondary degree from a community college or university
- experience with an accounting software package
- personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Start your weekend early every Friday
- Group Health Benefits – partially subsidized
- RRSP after 2 years of service
- Travel Incentive Program
- Company vehicle may be provided for use during work hours
How to Apply:
If you are excited about this opportunity and beginning your career with Inter-Co, please submit your resume via Careers – Inter-Co.
As we are committed to providing a positive candidate experience, please know that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Additionally, applicants that may require an accommodation during the selection process are encouraged to notify the Human Resources Department when contacted for an interview.