Powell Contracting, a division of RSG International, was established in 1967. With over 50 years’ experience, we are the industry leader in providing Ontario with the supply and installation of temporary concrete barriers, noise barriers, crash cushions, guide rails, ground mount signs, overhead signs, and sign structures. Our integrated solutions and project delivery strategies improve project timelines and processes, generating increased capabilities for projects including outfitting highways, transit systems, airports, and municipal contracts.
We are looking to add a Project Coordinator to our growing team based out of our Aurora office!
- Review contract documents and create work packages which reflect all resources required
- Plan and schedule work according to available resources in order to meet client needs
- Organize and manage day to day project operations and staff during parallel daytime and nighttime shifts as assigned
- Trouble shoot field issues on-site to maintain workflow & meet deliverables
- Proactively communicate and coordinate with clients (GC staff), suppliers & engineering regarding scope of work and equipment needed to complete jobs
- Obtain and maintain up to date and accurate utility locates
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous construction experience is an asset
- Previous work as a coordinator is an asset
- Completion of a Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management
- Experience with MTO projects an asset
- Demonstrated time management, scheduling and negotiations skills
- Strong communication skills and results oriented with a sense of urgency and effective problem-solving skills
- Must be organized and flexible to changing business conditions and a fast-past work environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) and knowledge of Jonas is an asset
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid G driver’s license
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
Please note that candidates must be open to work during evenings and weekends when required.
RSG International encompasses a diverse collection of successful businesses, but our spirit isn’t found in the diversity of our portfolio, it’s found in the diversity of our people. At RSG, we believe that our greatest opportunity for continued success is fostered in the belief that every voice matters. Each one of us has a unique story and we promise to do our part to ensure that those stories are heard, seen, acknowledged, and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
RSG International is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the applicable standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. Powell’s goal is to foster an inclusive organizational culture