Powell Contracting, a division of RSG International, was established in 1967. With over 50 years’ experience, we are the industry leader in providing Ontario with the supply and installation of temporary concrete barriers, noise barriers, crash cushions, guide rails, ground mount signs, overhead signs and sign structures. Our integrated solutions and project delivery strategies improve project timelines and processes, generating increased capabilities for projects including outfitting highways, transit systems, airports and municipal contracts.
We are looking to add a Project Accounting Administrator to our growing team based out of our Aurora office!
- Serve as a partner to the Project Management team, assisting with functions such as:
- preparing billing applications, invoicing and crediting (including associated documents such as CCDC Documents, WSIB Clearance, Certificate of Insurance, Statutory Declarations etc., as required)
- accruals of costs, revenue and work in progress (“WIP”)
- monitoring accounts receivable aging and supporting collection of invoices
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that documentation meets audit requirement including accurate sub-subcontracts, packing slips (as required), work orders, etc.
- Complete monthly Job reconciliations (spreadsheets and meetings) and work with the Project Management team to coordinate resolution of variances between billing and progress certificates
- Preparation of monthly project accounts receivable analysis and reporting including maintaining up-to-date collections notes
- Monthly review of vendor billing on sub-subcontracts to identify possible accruals and variances of pricing
- Track, review and complete Holdback request documents and invoicing in a timely manner
- Maintain weekly meetings and communication with the Project Managers
- Other duties as requested
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or related field is an asset
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar role
- Good communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and meeting tight deadlines
- Computer savvy and well versed in MS Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience on accounting systems specifically Jonas is an asset
RSG International encompasses a diverse collection of successful businesses, but our spirit isn’t found in the diversity of our portfolio, it’s found in the diversity of our people. At Powell, we believe that our greatest opportunity for continued success is fostered in the belief that every voice matters. Each one of us has a unique story and we promise to do our part to ensure that those stories are heard, seen, acknowledged, and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
RSG International is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the applicable standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. Powell’s goal is to foster an inclusive organizational culture
Apply Here – Project Accounting Administrator – Powell Group of Companies – Career Page (applytojob.com)