Job ID 55751
Job Title: Electrician 1 (Journeyman Electrician with Red Seal)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta – Canada
Permanent Journeyman Electrician
Best known for its corporate symbol of the Pink Panther and a Fortune 500 company for more than 50 years, Owens Corning produces various building products for residential and commercial markets. We are currently seeking safety-oriented Journeyman Electricians for our Edmonton fiberglass insulation plant.
What we offer:
- 45.40 /hour, 40 – 42 hours per week
- Bonus, As per collective agreement, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits
- Employee Safety Incentive Program.
- An opportunity to join an outstanding manufacturing organization
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment.
- Troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC control with the ability to read, interpret and make modifications to ladder logic if needed.
- Understand the workings of and troubleshoot problems with Allen Bradley VFD’s.
- Perform preventative maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment and components and maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance records.
- Troubleshoot AC power distribution and controls.
- Troubleshoot motor control systems
- Calibrate sensors and related instrumentation.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant organizational, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes and specifications.
- Perform Hazard Assessments
- Provide electrical support to a continuous process manufacturing plant
- Perform a range of electrical functions from simple repairs to complex equipment rebuilds
- Complete Preventive and Predictive Maintenance techniques
- Perform Root cause failure analysis
- Take initiative to identify, maintain, and repair equipment issues and process problems
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills on equipment
- Complete work in a timely manner to meet production commitments
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Interprovincial Red Seal Electrician or Journeyman Electrician
- Second trades ticket is strongly preferred (Instrumentation)
- Three years’ experience as a Journeyman Electrician in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment
- Strong working knowledge on safe work practices (such as lock-tag-try, fall protection, and hazard assessments)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision independently or in a group
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of SAP, continuous flow operations and glass is an asset
- Pre-employment baseline medical evaluation
- Pre-employment background check.
- Applicants must be willing and available to work 12-hour continental shifts
Why Work at Owens Corning
- At Owens Corning, we believe our competitive advantage lies in the strength and talents of our employees.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive base salaries
- Competitive Benefits and Company Pension
- Performance based safety incentive bonus compensation
Please note that our facility is not on a bus route.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.