Manager, Hurontario LRT (RT003D)
|Pay Range:||$97,869 – $134,516|
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Capital Projects Group, Rapid Transit Business Unit is seeking a Manager – Hurontario LRT to provide comprehensive engineering and project management services associated with the delivery of the Rapid Transit Implementation program. The incumbent will be responsible for contract and schedule management, design management, construction management, site safety and security, project financial accountability, project deliverables and technical input to program communications and intergovernmental relations during all stages of the construction projects.
What will I be doing?
- Manage the efficient delivery of light rail rapid transit corridor infrastructure elements through project activities including design, construction, and contract management and commissioning activities.
- Deliver projects from initial conception through design, procurement, construction, commissioning and transfer to Operations and Maintenance within scope, on budget and on schedule, in accordance with good project management and construction practices, in compliance with Metrolinx design standards and applicable municipal, provincial and federal codes.
- Communicate effectively with agencies, utility companies etc. in defining requirements, developing project implementation plans and ensuring compliance for light railway infrastructure corridors. Ensure proper ongoing communication and consultation with external stakeholders and elected officials.
- Implement the Ontario’s AFP procurement process to ensure management and completion of the AFP contract.
- Manage activities within budget allocations and schedules, including timely reporting of financial and performance results and any significant cost, security, safety, human resources or project management issues.
- Responsible for leading staff and consultant project teams in design and construction of infrastructure related to the Rapid Transit program to achieve program milestones and deliverables, consistent with quality standards, through the full project contracts life cycle, where required.
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Completion of a degree in Engineering (preferably Civil and Electrical Engineering), or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum eight (8) years’ progressive experience in a related industry (project delivery, project management and construction management ) with extensive knowledge of/interaction with public sector agencies
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the Province of Ontario is an asset.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is an asset
- A valid “G” class driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of Alternative Finance Procurement method preferred
- Project management and coordination skills to provide senior leadership and oversight to staff and project teams within budget and schedule restraints and monitor project performance against business objectives
- Knowledge of Contract Law, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental Assessment Act, and the requirements of the Professional Engineers Act
- Leadership skills, including interpersonal, presentation, communication, negotiation, and consensus building, and ability to manage a diverse group of project specialists and consultants to accomplish the goals of the agency within established scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Analytical and problem solving skills to manages complex project issues and risks, and facilitate effective resolution
- Interpersonal and oral/written/presentation communication skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Works a standard 36.25 hr. work week within an office environment. Occasionally required to work nights and weekends to visit construction sites and attend public meetings
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online through the Current Opportunities page
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER