Senior Manager, Systems and System Integration HuLRT (Competition #RT-003C)
|Pay Range:||$124,275 – $173,817|
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Capital Projects Group, Rapid Transit division is seeking a Senior Manager, Systems and System Integration for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) project. The Senior Manager will bring a high level of technical, functional and financial oversight to the engineering, design, construction and maintenance/operation of LRT Systems. Manage a team of staff and consultants and maintain the ongoing relationship with contractors, partners and stakeholders to ensure high quality service.
What will I be doing?
- Provides high level expertise and liaises with multi-disciplinary teams, which could include systems engineering, facilities design, civil engineering, construction services and operations/maintenance.
- Oversees the implementation of and compliance with contractual requirements as they relate to Systems Integration Plans, Systems Engineering Management Plans, Interface Control Documents (ICD’s), and Validation and Verification processes.
- Oversees the implementation by the contractor of the Safety and Security Management Plans, including RAMS processes and deliverables.
- Leads the commissioning activities on behalf of Metrolinx for the project’s systems infrastructure elements.
- Manages internal consultant performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements as they relate to Systems and System Integration.
- Leads the development and implementation of appropriate processes, procedures and measures to ensure that all safety, regulatory and legal requirements related to the areas of responsibility are fulfilled.
- Communicates regularly with various internal and external stakeholders, partners, government representatives, contractors, and vendors to advise, communicate, educate, negotiate and/or persuade on issues within scope of responsibility.
- Conducts and manages operational planning in alignment with organizational strategic plans
- Implements policies and procedures, team work flows, structures and SOPs which create greater efficiency and operational excellence.
- Ensures full compliance with all external regulatory agencies and partners; required permits and approval; heightens awareness of the priority Metrolinx places on safety; represents Metrolinx with regulators as required.
- Administers and manages relevant agreements, budgets and contracts; reviews and approves expenditures and service standards.
- Manages and directs staff and consultants engaged in project teams; delivers timely feedback to ensure a cohesive operational unit and the optimum use of team skills; monitors work assignments to achievement of performance objectives; develops and implements action plans to address performance gaps.
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Completion of a degree in Engineering, or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum ten (10) years progressively senior experience in the transportation and/or public transit sector, which includes managing/leading a large group of technical staff and/or managing large projects.
- Possession of a P.Eng. designation would be an asset
- Achievement of a project management certification, such as Project Management Professional (PMP), would be an asset
- INCOSE Certification would be an asset
- Advanced experienced based, knowledge of commuter rapid transit (e.g. LRT, BRT) system planning, design and delivery, which may include surface and subway main line and stations, maintenance of RT systems, related maintenance and storage yards, etc.
- Experience in different phases of the engineering design life cycle (from feasibility to commissioning and operations) and familiarity with Systems Engineering standards such as ISO/IEC 15288 and IEEE 1220.
- Experience in Verification and Validation (test plan, test case, FAT, SAT, PICO); knowledge of identification and management of project risks.
- Understanding of the System Safety Certification processes and RAMS.
- Understanding of Requirements Management (RM) and usage of RM tools such as IBM Rational DOORS; Basic knowledge of Civil design, Signalling principles, SCADA, Communications, Trackwork, Systems Assurance (RAMS), Safety Assurance, Vehicle and Wayside Interfaces, Traction Power Design, Power Supply and Distribution, Mechanical, System and Train Simulation, Tunnel’s, and Fire Life Safety System.
- Knowledge of Contract Law, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental Assessment Act, and railway infrastructure construction and construction practices.
- Project management principles and practices, including budget and schedule controls, to lead and direct cross functional teams and consultants and monitor project activities for adherence to timelines, budgets, and project performance objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to monitor contractor performance and contract compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and contact terms and conditions and to proactively develop contingency
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online through the Current Opportunities page https://metrolinx.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=RT-003C&lang=en
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER