Industrial Millwright Mechanic
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities. Job Description
We are looking for experienced Millwright/Industrial Millwright Mechanic to join our Oshawa Facility. Key Responsibilities
- Safely repair, overhaul, install, replace and/or perform preventative maintenance on various types of equipment
- Ability to fabricate parts and assemblies from blueprints or scratch
- Troubleshoot robotic welding cells, hydraulic and pneumatic circuits, valves, cylinders, conveyance systems, gear boxes and pump
- Rigging and Hoisting
Additional Job Description
Who We Are Looking For:
- High School education with a valid Millwright License
- Basic Computer Skills
- 2-3 Years’ experience in a Manufacturing/Automotive environment
- Welding experience and Heavy Equipment license an asset – Broderson
- Dual Ticket a definite asset
- Ability to work flexible shift hours (rotating or midnights)
- Ability to work scheduled overtime as required
What Else You Need To Know:
- We are a Unifor represented workplace
- We offer competitive wage rates, pensions and benefits
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however; only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.