Job description – Site Superintendent (Structural)
Honest ~ Hard Work ~ Innovation
The CCM Site Superintendent will report directly to the General Superintendent and will be accountable all aspects of management at the worksite, including planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating construction projects from start to finish. The Site Superintendent ensure all workers and subcontractors perform their duties in accordance with project specifications while maintaining construction and production schedules. They ensure that all duties are being completed in an efficient, effective, and in a safe manner.
Key Functions & Duties:
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead projects to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations, and safety codes.
- Lead the planning, organizing, direction, control, and evaluation of construction projects onsite from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of construction project budget estimates.
- Ensure the proper execution of project start-up and construction management process.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and assist with the negotiation of revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Coordinate and direct all construction workers on the worksite.
- Schedule proper staffing levels onsite each day to ensure that the project is completed as scheduled.
- Ensure that proper materials and quantities of materials are onsite each day prior to daily work commencing.
- Verify the quantity of necessary personal protective equipment and the replacement of any equipment that is damaged or put out of service.
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and report on construction progress.
- Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Complete administrative duties onsite including timesheets, take offs, purchases, change requests, and daily logs, and any other documentation as required.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and field team.
- Ensure the overall safety of all workers onsite by performing regular checks and inspections during site visits.
- Plan, implement, and monitor the construction plan, including all scheduling and logistics.
- Organize and coordinate all subcontractor activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely project close-out.
- Represent the company on matters such as business services and union matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a construction, building technology diploma or engineering degree.
- 15 or more years of high-rise construction experience.
- 5 – 10 years of work experience in site supervision/management.
- Ability to consistently achieve targeted deliverables completely and accurately.
- Able to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Valid Health & Safety certificates.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven track record of analyzing project scope, cost, and schedule, and taking appropriate action to ensure the project is completed in a timely manner, on budget, and to all specifications and requirements.
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, and legislation.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills with stakeholders and sub-trades.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize responsibilities
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolution skills.
- Superb facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a project team.
- Superior leadership abilities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers.
- Focused on creating positive, productive, and long-lasting relationships.
- Proven ability to take initiative and confirm the accuracy of information that is sent and received.
- Demonstrated ability to identify what resources are scarcest and how to manage them.
- Work in both an office setting and outdoors at multiple construction sites.
- Travel is necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving up to 30 lbs. may be required.
- Frequently required to sit or stand for long periods.
- Walking, bending, and kneeling is common.
- May need to climb ladders or navigate inclined ramps at job sites.
- Personal protective equipment will be required, e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, hard hat, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
Clark Construction Management’s recruitment process includes accommodation for applicants with disabilities. All accommodations will be taken into account the applicant’s accessibility and are available upon request. Clark Construction Management is committed to accessibility for all and we approach accessibility from an inclusive perspective and will do everything reasonable to accommodate.