Job Family: Sales
Job Subfamily: Field Sales
Career Level: Senior Professional
Job Title: Architectural Design Sales Representative – Canada
Job Code: SA0921C
Last Updated Date: 8/25/22
Responsible for pull-through revenue generation as a result working with architectural design firms. Influencing and driving design specifications for White Cap Canada exclusive products associated to cladding & façade, general building envelope, thermal and moisture protection and fastening hardware. Primary conduit between the White Cap sales group and the architectural design community.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Promotion, consultation and sales presentation of White Cap Canada cladding & masonry façade, thermal and moisture protection, and fastening hardware products to specifiers and specification influencers in architectural design community • Identifying market trends and maintain awareness of competitive activity in exterior cladding and general building envelope • Project opportunity tracking and management with sales group and strategic suppliers
- Participate in industry applicable associations and trade shows
- Attend training and seminars to develop knowledge of Cladding and Building Envelope Systems • Attend CSC (Construction Specifications Canada) meetings, seminars and events and acquire the CTR designation within two years
- Aptitude for technical problem-solving, determine and sell solutions to customers (consultative sales approach) and experienced in generating new opportunities by utilizing Sales & Marketing resources
- 5 years in the architectural specifications field with knowledge and understanding of cladding and architectural façade, and general building envelope
- Certified Technical Representative (CTR) Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Power Point) with working knowledge of CRM systems
Career Level Dimensions
Typical Training/Experience ∙ Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Problem Complexity ∙ Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
Autonomy ∙ Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
Leadership ∙ May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees’ professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
Environmental Job Requirements
∙ Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. ∙ Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
∙ Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.