AGF – Rebar Inc., part of the AGF Group, is a leading provider of reinforcing steel products to general contractors and developers, for residential, commercial, industrial buildings, highway bridges and other structures. AGF-Rebar Inc. is presently seeking an Operations Manager to lead our fabrication plant in Kitchener, Ontario.
The Operations Manager has the overall management responsibilities of the plant. As such, they direct, plan, develop, mobilize, coordinate, control and evaluate the company’s activities and resources. The incumbent has full operational and P & L responsibility and is tasked with the strategy and execution, developing, attracting and retaining good employees, analyzing and ensuring execution of current operational processes/procedures/controls.
We are looking for a leader who will challenge the status quo, all while focusing on safety, attainment, and quality!
● With support from the Health & Safety Team; implement and promote a culture of safety throughout the plant by ensuring that safety policies and procedures as well as applicable health and safety laws and regulations are adhered to.
● Lead the overall operations by following company policies, guidelines and goals communicated by senior management. Plan and manage the overall operation’s team development and resource allocation.
● Manage Operational performance. Drive overall profitability and build sources of growth and value creation in line with pre-set targets.
● Responsible for overseeing key operational and logistical activities of the site such as customer service, order processing, shipping and handling of material, transportation logistics, inventory control, purchasing of everyday supplies, and equipment maintenance.
● Ensure strong internal communication between all departments of the business (operations, production, sales and accounting).
● Responsible for overseeing the financial management of the plant in conjunction with the Divisional Controller.
● Convey the company’s corporate values and mission. Implement measures to provide motivation for employees.
● Identify and implement innovative managing strategies to decrease cost, increase efficiency and help the company pursue its goals in terms of sales target, productivity and profitability. ● Perform any other related duties as assigned to improve the working environment and business processes of the company therefore achieving business success.
● Bachelor‘s Degree or College Diploma with a concentration in Operations Managements, Business Administration or Civil Engineering.
● Ten years of relevant work experience in heavy manufacturing.
● Strategic management skills (planning, financial, analysis, business development). ● Strong leadership, team-building and managerial skills.
● Experience in process improvement and development, procedure creation and work instruction development
● Experience with Change Management (driving, influencing and inspiring change through communication, positive example, encouragement, and teamwork at all levels).
Engagement and inspiration: energizes others by clarifying the broader purpose and mission of their work.
● Focus on service: identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations and needs. ● Results orientation: sets high standards of performance for self and others.
● Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict management, and negotiation skills are essential
● Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing Concepts, 5S, safety, problem solving, Kaizen teams, etc. is an asset.
AGF Rebar Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
AGF Rebar Inc., part of the AGF Group, is a leading provider of reinforcing steel products to
general contractors and developers, for residential, commercial and industrial buildings,
highway bridges and other structures. AGF Group is located in 9 countries across the world with 19
locations in Canada!
Are you looking for a large company to grow with, that offers unlimited potential? Are you interested in
gaining valuable on-the-job experience? Do you have an interest in process improvement? Do you aspire
to be an Operations Manager one day and lead a team?
If so, we are currently looking for recent mechanical and civil engineering graduates to join our growing
The ideal candidates will be driven, passionate and hungry for growth in their career. You question the
process, strive for excellence in what you do and never stop learning. You also demonstrate core AGF
values of Determination, Integrity, Team Work, strong Performance and of course a passion for Health &
AGF Rebar offers a competitive salary, health & dental benefits, physical activity reimbursement as well
as tuition reimbursement! In addition to this, you have the opportunity to get involved with our
Foundation on charitable events in your community with causes that you care about!
If you are interested in exploring these exciting opportunities with us, please send us your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Looking to grow.
AGF Rebar Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are
available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.