4S Occupational Health & Safety is an occupational health and safety advisory firm that ensures compliance and protects companies and their employees with a “live” occupational and safety management system.
4S Occupational Health and Safety Advisory is a systems and consulting company that provides top notch occupational health and safety systems for large and small companies. Unlike most companies, our methodology relies on a strong consulting service that is brought alive by our proprietary online safety management system.
We have an opening for a Project Manager.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager directs all phases of the consulting client program, including OH&S accreditation programs, from kick-off to completion. Responsible for leading the project team to ensure timely completion of consulting projects. Supports the development of best practices and establishment of internal processes/ Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to meet client objectives.
- Ensures that project delivery is aligned with client goals and established and/or developing SOPs. Acts as a key client contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with clients to present and review key deliverables.
- Analyzes problem/opportunity areas of assigned projects and evaluates options.
- Establishes project delivery schedules and milestones, and monitors adherence to project plans and quality standard. Identifies problems and obtains/directs solutions, including resource assignments.
- Directs the work of staff assigned to the project/project manager; provides leadership and coaching to foster professional development of staff assigned to the manager.
The following outlines key responsibilities required for the Project Manager, Consulting Team:
- Responsibility for leading the operations of assigned OH&S Project Team and the development of new OH&S consulting services including:
- Development and delivery of Job Hazard Analysis, Health and Safety Manual, Practices and Procedures, Employee Safety Handbooks, Risk Assessments,
- Activities leading to the OH&S program accreditation for clients
- Supports the strategic business direction of the company and the consulting team;
- Contributes to the development of the teams’ operating plan to meet business objectives along with appropriate risk management strategies;
- Consulting Team Operations Plan
- Resource allocation to assigned clients
- Establishes internal and external reporting
- Set performance goals for team/individuals
- Implements operating plans to meet business objectives along with appropriate risk management strategies;
- Recommendations towards hiring plans and hiring strategies
- Establishes project plan for assigned number of clients
- Directs variance reporting for assigned clients
- Implements escalation procedures
- Conducts performance evaluation for direct reports
- Conducts periodic meetings weekly, monthly sets agenda and follow up
- Collaborates internally within the business to leverage implementation capabilities;
- Keeps abreast of developments in the industry by involvement in industry events, associations and close liaison with stakeholders, suppliers and customers;
- Helps develop new product and service offerings to clients;
- Conducts training for new staff including
- 5+ years of experience in Health & Safety roles, preferably in the construction industry
- 5+ years of proven team management and leadership experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work with different levels of management
- Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Health & Safety or Environmental Studies
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of provincial health and safety laws/regulations
- Strong project management skills
- Strong computer skills including office work related software, g. Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Is required to travel across Ontario for client site visits.